Against Me! has been one of my favorite bands for the last 9+ years. Their music changed my life. Their lead singer (who is changing her name to Laura Jane Grace) just came out as transgendered, which is courageous beyond words being such a huge public figure. In short, this is TOTALLY AWESOME.
The media has to constantly classify everything under gender dysphoria to justify it as a “medical condition”, but everyone deserves to be respected for who they are inside regardless. I am so glad that the generations after mine are so much more open about gender and sexuality than mine is. This is someone who is just a little older than me, and all I can hope is that she will receive all the love and acceptance still left in the world.
If you are not transgendered, please at least educate yourself on what it means. You are welcome to ask me questions if you want. Own who you are - life is too short to waste any of it.
- im-nise reblogged this from thefieldoftruth
- salticid likes this
- themoodymexican reblogged this from oracuyc
- oracuyc reblogged this from trexcrazy
- trexcrazy reblogged this from balzcore
- trexcrazy likes this
- ymirjotunn likes this
- sharkboystrikesagain likes this
- crispmas likes this
- deepheatandabsynthe reblogged this from tinselprincyne and added:
- balzcore likes this
- mastermindishida likes this
- tinselprincyne reblogged this from kethera and added:
- kethera reblogged this from illuminatiworldpeace and added:
- jacksonnieuwland likes this
- illuminatiworldpeace reblogged this from thefieldoftruth and added:
- thefieldoftruth posted this